RIVER CROSSING: I WANT TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to the River Crossing: I want to communicate with you competition included on the www.rivercrossing.name website (“Competition”). By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organized by Joshua Sofaer Projects who have been commissioned by the cities of Sacramento and West Sacramento to create the Competition.
3. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted in the ‘Rules’ section of the www.rivercrossing.name website.
4. The decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to select winners if, in the opinion of the judges, there are no suitable winning entries.
6. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Joshua Sofaer Projects or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the Competition. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete and it is your original work and it has not been previously published in print or online, broadcast or awarded a prize in another competition.
8. Joshua Sofaer Projects assumes that by using the Website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents or guardians have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Rules.
9. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
10. Entries can be submitted in person, by mail, or through the website. You can submit as many entries as you like but each entry must be submitted separately.
11. You can enter the competition by submitting the name of the person you want to nominate and the reason why in up to 250 words.
We will accept either digital submissions via our website, or by mail to River Crossing, SMAC 915 I Street, 3rd Floor Sacramento, CA 95814, or in person to the boxes in the foyer of the City Hall in Sacramento or West Sacramento.
12. All entries must be submitted with a completed entry form, or with the same information in the applicant’s own format. This must include:
- the name you want to nominate
- up to 250 words giving the reason for your nomination
- your name
- your age (under 18 on July 10, 2019 or over 18 on July 10, 2019)
- your telephone number
- your zip code
- your email address
13. All entries must arrive by 5 p.m. on Friday July 10, 2019.
14. The winner(s) will be notified by Saturday August 31, 2019.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the www.rivercrossing.name website (the “Website”).
16. Joshua Sofaer Projects does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
17. Joshua Sofaer Projects will not return any Competition entries.
18. The winning names will be chosen by the panel of judges from a selection of qualifying entries. A list of the judges is available on the Website. In all matters, the decision of the judges and Joshua Sofaer Projects shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Winners will be notified by Saturday 31st August 2019. The Competition winner’s names may be published on the Website.
20. If the winning name is nominated by a third party and the relevant individual does not wish to see their name used, Joshua Sofaer Projects and the judges may chose an alternate prize winner from a selection of qualifying entries.
21. Selected names are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
22. Selected names will be withdrawn as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights
23. By entering the competition you agree to grant the exclusive rights for Joshua Sofaer Projects to display, publish or broadcast your entry in any form whether printed, electronic or otherwise for one year after the closing date of the competition. After this date, Joshua Sofaer Projects will continue to reserve non-exclusive rights to publication. You will not be entitled to any payment or royalties from Joshua Sofaer Projects or from the Competition relating to your entry.
24. You hereby warrant that the information that you submit will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute, or remove the same.
24. Joshua Sofaer Projects cannot accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
25. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
26. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current California data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Your privacy is important to us. It is Joshua Sofaer Projects Ltd’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, www.rivercrossing.name, and other sites we own and operate.
27. We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
28. We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
29. You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
30. This site gathers analytics for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
31. Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us. This policy is effective as of 15 May 2019.
32. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by California law.
How to contact us
33. You can contact us in relation to any competition by emailing rivercrossing[at]joshuasofaer[dot]com or through the contact button on the website.
YOUR NAME IN THE